15 February 2007

Insomnia

Insomnia is forcing me to post. Apparently it's been a long time since I've posted. Welcome to 2007. I am 1 month and 15 days into the new year. Where have I been? Everywhere. I started the new year in St. Louis. The first week of January, I spent two days in Raleigh, two days in Tampa, three in Orlando, and one in Richmond, IN (where I have returned two times since the first visit.) The end of January brought me on a 1,300 mile trek across the Midwest. Richmond, Cleveland, Detroit/Ann Arbor (with a short detour to Canada), and Chicago. And finally, I just returned from a 5 day vacation in sunny Cancun, Mexico. The vacation was refreshing given that work has picked up a lot in the last month or two. I'm headed to Philadelphia at the end of the month, and I foresee more travel to Detroit and Columbus soon.

While the travel gets a bit tiring, the silver lining is that I'm running full steam ahead toward my goal of obtaining platinum status with American Airlines this year. Last year, I was only 9 segments short of the required 60. In 2007, I've banked 8 segments (52 remaining) and 19,848 miles (4,852 elite qualifying).

Well, I don't have much else to say, other than curse words for all the Red Bull I consumed last night. 3 hours of sleep should be enough to keep me going all day today, considering the Red Bull will be in my system until mid-afternoon. I must sleep tonight, as the Mardi Gras Grand Parade is less than 53 hours away. Hopefully I'll have pics from Cancun posted soon.

No comments: